Hello from Linda, Kelly, Susie, Marlin, Tobi, Chancho, Opi, & Mailee.
Useful 3rd Grade Links:
Early Release: Fridays @ 1 pm
Spelling & Reading Test Every Friday
* YMCA Swim Class Every Thursday from 1:40 to 3:00 P.M.
* Earth Day - Friday April 20th
* Arroyo Hondo Field Trip - Wed April 25th 9-2:30 pm
* Santa Barbara Opera Performance Thurs. April 26th. - 10-11:00 am at SYVCS
* SYVCS Auction Night - Sat, April 28th
* Open House Science Projects due - May 1st.
* Pleasant Valley School House - Wed May 9th 9 -2:00 pm
* Mother's Day Breakfast - Friday May 11th 8:15 to 9:15 am
* Hollister Ranch Tidepool School - Monday May 21st, 8:30 - 1:30 pm
* Santa Barbara Precidio Historical Days- Wed May 23rd. 11:00 to 3:00 P.M.
* Memorial Day -No School Monday May 28th
* Bike Ride to Rite Aid - Tuesday May 29th 12-3:00 pm
* Minetti Mini Rodeo - Thursday May 31st. 9-1:00 pm
* School Wide End of year Celebration - Monday, June 4th
* Bike Ride to the Feinbergs House - Tuesday, June 5th. 12:00 to 2:00 P.M.
* Early Release - Wed. June 6th at 1:00pm Graduation Practice
* All School Graduation - Thursday June 7th 9-10:00 am Last Day of school
* Summer Break! - Starts Friday June 8th
Welcome to the 2017-2018 3rd grade.
My name is Mrs. Mayer and I am so excited to be your third grade teacher.
We are going to have a very exciting and fun educational year together as I have planned many projects, activities, field trips and engaging lessons for third graders. Just a few of the things we will be doing this year are Rainforest animal dioramas, Google slides, Rainforest Buffets, baking days, Christmas Play, Native American pow wows, Night Under the Stars, bring your pet to school day, bike rides, boat trips to Santa Cruz Island, squid dissection, plankton races, Sea Life Plays, Pioneer Days and so much more! I promise this year will not only be super busy but also super fun.
This will be my 22nd. year of teaching. I have been with the Charter School since its beginning in 2000. Beside teaching third grade, I have taught 2nd, 4th and 5th grade. I have to say that third grade is my absolute favorite age to teach.
I graduated with honors from Cal Poly State University in San Luis Obispo with a degree in Dietetics and Nutrition. I continued on to get my teaching credential at Chapman University. Before I became a teacher I worked for six years at a prestigious health spa in Southern California called the Golden Door. It was here that I learned under a renowned French Chef, Michel Stroot, how to cook in the California Fresh/Spa cuisine style. In 1988 I was hired by a couple to open a 44 star restaurant in Los Olivos called Remington’s at the Grand Hotel. Here I was the executive chef for six years.In 1996 I took my first teaching job at Santa Ynez Elementary School. Teaching has been the greatest career change I have ever made and I am so happy to be part of the Charter School teaching community.
Currently my hobbies are cooking, as I work for two different catering companies on the weekends, gardening, hiking, snorkeling, boogie boarding, kayaking, and spending time in the outdoors. I have two successful daughters and a husband who works on his farm growing organic produce and wine grapes. I love animals and have three dogs, two cats, 5 chickens, lizards, geckos, frogs, Koi fish and two large aquariums. My dream is to make a difference each day and to make this world a better place to live.
Let’s make this year great together!